Fire Door Definition
A Fire Door is the common abbreviation for a Fire-Resistant- Doorset. A Fire Resistant Doorset consists of a door leaf, door frame, packing and fixing to wall, fire resistant wall, associated hardware such as closers, handles, locks, vision panels and air grilles. A Fire Resistant Doorset must be self-closing and self-latching. The fire test information and the correct installation are also key elements of a compliant Fire Resistant Doorset installation. A Fire Resistant Doorset is defined under Australian Standard AS1905.1. Fire Resistant Doorsets are also categorised as hinged, pivoted (double action) and sliding.
TVC-C Fire Core
The world renowned TVC- C Core is at the heart of every Flameshielde Fire Rated Door. TVC-C Core is an asbestos-free, non-combustible insulation material produced mainly from specially treated vermiculite. At temperatures of around 1200°C the TVC-C Core does not produce any poisonous or health threatening substances - thus making it a product of choice.
The TVC-C Core fire rated doorsets have been tested in Australia to achieve fire resistance levels from 30 minutes to 4 hours. Approvals in accordance with AS1530.4-1997 and AS/NZS1905.1-2005 for both steel and timber door leaves in both steel and timber frames built into various types of fire rated walls.
Flameshielde Range of Fire Rated Doors
- The Flameshielde Fire Rated door range is fully tested and approved in accordance with AS/NZS 1905.1.
- Doors and Doorsets are supported with Test Certificates issued by CSIRO.
- Doors are supplied with metal reinforcing plates as standard, allowing for 3 hinges, an automatic closer and provision for a lock.
- The TVC-C Fire Core is manufactured from specially treated vermiculite, asbestos-free material.
- Fire Doors are available in a range of finishes.
- Optional metal clad for additional safety and hygiene – see Metalshielde and Germshielde Doors.
- Optional lead lined for radiation shielding – see Rayshielde Doors.
Elements of Fire Door Construction
- TVC-C Core
- Lock reinforcing plate
- Closer reinforcing plate
- Hinge reinforcing plates
- External facing sheets
- Timber edge strips
Gosford Fire Doors offers our customers a fast and reliable online fire door ordering service.
Manufacturing of all Fire Doors is done in strict accordance with Australian Standard 1905.1 - 2005
In order to price, please select the required fire door size or the next bigger size if your size requirement is not listed.
The exact size confirmation is required at the time of ordering, so please confirm your fire door finish, fire rating and nearest size from the drop box, then fill in the size confirmation section to confirm your order, or forward your fire door size list to email@example.com.
External facing finishes options:
Spliced Pacific Maple