Standard Metal Door Frames
All Standard Metal Door Frames are manufactured with Australian Steel and meet the highest standards. Engineered to perfection, Standard Frames are strong and require minimal or no maintenance at all – perfect for high traffic locations.
Primarily used in the residential sector, the Standard Frames can also be used in a range of other sectors including:
Ideal for standard door applications as well as those with fire, acoustic or customised requirements.
Standard Frames are mainly used for standard masonry and drywall applications.
All door frames in the Standard Range are manufactured from 1.1 mm hot dipped, zinc coated materials. Supplied ready to accept any applied painted finish together with everything you need for fast and easy installation.
Standard frames are available as completely assembled or in knockdown form where retrofitting of frames is required.
Select your frame profile first.
Double Rebate Masonry
Single Rebate Masonry
Double Rebate Stud
Single Rebate Stud
Double Rebate Partition
Single Rebate Partition
Double Rebate New Generation Stud
Single Rebate New Generation Stud
Now follow through the Selection Flowchart.
All the pressed door frames are manufactured from 1.1 mm BMT and 1.4 mm BMT zincanneal and in accordance with the best practices of sheetmetal work, resulting in a clean material finish ready to accept any applied paint.
Knockdown and Assembled Door Frames
These door frames are supplied complete with:
- One pair 100 mm x 75 mm x 2.5 mm zinc plated loose pin butt hinges welded into position.
- Universal Stainless Steel Striker Plate positioned at the standard position – 1032 from bottom of door frame.
- Removable Spreader Bars.
- One slotted Ramset plate to each stile.
- 10 Galvanised Wire Ties (or 16 Clips).
- Single Door Frames are supplied with 1 x Head, 1 x Lock Stile and 1 x Hinge Stile.
- Double Door Frames are supplied with 1 x Head Stile and 2 x Hinge Stiles.
- Knockdown Door Frames are supplied unassembled, connector lugs ensure correct alignment during assembly on site.
- Frames have projection welded corners when supplies as factory assembled frames.
- Additional hinges.
- Preparation for special lock strikers.
- Preparation for non-standard lock height.
- Reinforced for surface mounted or concealed closers.
- Preparation for screw fixed hinges.
- Tube fixing for bolting frames to existing walls.
Note. Any door frame having a solid core door fitted should be reinforced with a third hinge provided.
Metal Door Frame preparation for Hardware Options
1. NE Latch
2. Electric Striker
3. RNL Open Out
4. Universal Striker
5. Backing Plate
6. Welded Hinge
7. Reed Switch
Assembly & Finishing
Standard Door Frames Assembly Options
Unprimed or spot welded primed metal door frame.
Welded dressed and primed metal door frame.
Knock Down Frame
Frames available in a knock down form for retrofitting into existing wall openings.
Ideal for upgrading of non-rated entry doors to fire rated doors.